Your health and peace of mind are always our primary concern. Our office strictly abides to “STANDARD PRECAUTIONS” required by the Center of Disease Control. All clinical staff are required to wear required PPE for the treatment of individual patients, the cleaning of each dental operatory and the sterilization of instruments.
After each patient visit, the treatment area is thoroughly disinfected with a Cal-EPA registered agent. Our staff and Housekeeping services are responsible for maintaining all areas and surfaces (e.g. floors, walls, sinks, bathrooms,) clean and organized. We protect all surfaces during your child’s exam. All instruments are cleaned before proper disinfection utilizing both ultrasonic and heat-sterilization methods. Sterile instruments are checked periodically and are open once the patient arrives to the office. We monitor our sterilization process by mailing weekly test samples to an outside laboratory. Out waterlines, besides being purged at the beginning of the day, at the end of the day and in between patients, are also tested monthly for any adversary growth of microbes. Our office also utilizes digital radiography to minimize your child’s exposure to radiation. Consistency is key in preventing unnecessary infections related to health care settings, and we take pride in minimizing those factors! Please feel free to ask us for further information on the measures we take to ensure the safety of you and your children.
Dear Valued Patient,
We would like to reassure you that Piedmont Pediatric Dentistry has been practicing CONSISTENT and OPTIMAL STANDARD INFECTION CONTROL protocols throughout the years abiding to the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be HEIGHTENING a few steps to ensure your safety, as well as the ones for our staff and our community.
At this time, based on CDC guidelines, you may see some changes when it is time for your child’s next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- If you had an appointment from March 2020 through October 2020, consider it cancelled. We will contact you to reschedule. Rest assure that we will do our best to accommodate all these affected visits.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Temperatures will be taken for both child and caregiver upon arrival.
- If you or your child have a cough, cold or flu symptoms; or have been exposed to any sick individuals, please STAY HOME! Rest assure that any of our staff who is sick will be staying home.
- We will only see a limited number of patients per day to prevent overcrowding. We will ask you to have only ONE Caregiver per appointment present.
- We have equipped the treatment room with a medical-grade air filtration system. This system utilizes an UltraHEPA filter to capture particles down to a size of 0.003 microns from the air. This is highly effective in filtering out viral particles.
- We have hand sanitizers available throughout the office and will ask you to use them when you enter the office. All employees will continue to follow CDC recommendations and wash their hands with soap and water throughout the day.
- You may see that our office will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for adequate physical distancing between patients. We will ask all patients/caregivers to enter our facilities with face coverings.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will continue to professionally disinfect the oral cavity with a prescribed anti-microbial mouthwash used in most hospitals (.12% Chlorhexidine Gluconate) before and at the end of the visit. We will also rinse with Povidone Iodine before each appointment.
- Our staff will clean the offices nightly to make sure all surfaces (counter tops), flooring, bathrooms, doorknobs etc. are wiped with EPA- approved disinfecting agents.
- During normal office hours, our team members are instructed to clean all surfaces throughout the day to help create a more disinfected environment.
- All of our team members are equipped with protective gear such as Level 3 and/or N95 masks, face shields, gloves, and gowns to ensure minimum contact with germs and viruses.
At Piedmont Pediatric Dentistry, our mission calls for delivering the “highest standard of quality of care in Safe, Caring and Child-friendly environment”, and will always reflect how we carry ourselves especially during these unprecedented times. We have staffed our offices and have extended hours to serve your needs. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Negron & Staff